Who we are
Our website address is: http://www.alcfirstaidcourses.co.uk.
ALC Courses is a first aid training company located at 54 – 56 Castle St, Dover , Kent CT16 1PJ
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
The personal information that is collected from you is limited to what is necessary to enable us to carry out the purposes for which it is collected. The type of personal information that we collect depends on the context of your interaction with ALC and the choices you make, including your privacy settings.
- Name (your first and last name, title, job title and company name if applicable)
- Contact information (Postal address, phone number, email address)
- Age (Only if you are completing a regulated qualification)
- Prior learning information (details of relevant qualifications you hold )
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Who we share your data with
We may need to share your information with third parties. This would only ever be in order to process your First Aid certificates through the awarding body. If we do you can expect a similar degree of protection in respect of your personal information to that provided by us. We require third parties to respect the security of your data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow the third party to use your data for their own purposes. Only for which you have agreed during your course in order to provide you with certification and aftercare information in accordance with your instructions.
The third parties that we may share your data with:
Training qualifications UK – to provide regulated certificates
Protrainings Europe limited – To provide certification for First Aid at Work qualifications
How long we retain your data
We are obliged to hold some information relating to regulated qualifications for 7 years. This may include
- Your Name
- The date of your qualification
- Your certificate number (s)
- Course Paperwork
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
You have the right to ask for copies of your data, to ask it be corrected, to ask it be erased or object to us processing your data. You have the right to prevent your data being used for direct marketing.
If you have consented to the collection, processing and transfer of your personal information for a specific purpose (s) you have the right to withdraw your consent for that specific process at any time. To withdraw your consent please contact our data protection officer by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like to talk about concerns or find out further information on the data we hold on you please contact us in writing at ALC Courses 54 – 56 Castle St, Dover CT16 1PJ or email email@example.com
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
Why we require this information and how it is used
- We may use your contact information to provide you with course dates, quotes and prices that have been requested from you by phone or email. The legal basis for using this information is legitimate interest. To provide you with a service that you have requested.
- We may provide you with joining instructions and other pre and post course information. We use this information to provide you with the service you have requested. The legal basis for using this information is legitimate interest. To ensure you have the relevant course information to attend your training and appropriate aftercare.
- We use your prior learning information/qualification to provide you with the most relevant course. The legal basis for using this information is legitimate interest. To ensure you are qualified to attend and gaining the correct qualification for your needs.
- We may use your information (with signed consent from you) to comply with requirements from awarding bodies when issuing certificates.
- We may use and process your information to contact you from time to time about the services we offer including course dates and available dates for in house courses. Our legal basis for using the information is legitimate interest. To help us to grow our business and to help the continued learning of employees and students
- Necessary administrative processing and technical aspects. The legal basis would be legitimate interest to improve services and to ensure a high quality of training and service.
How we protect your data
How we store your data
At Alc we would like to reassure you that we use appropriate security measures to keep your data safe and digital Data is stored on secure servers with the awarding bodies mentioned in section 4
If you have consented to the collection, processing and transfer of your personal information for specific purposes You can withdraw your consent at any time by contacting our data protection officer at firstname.lastname@example.org or ALC Courses 54 – 56 Castle Street, Dover CT16 1PJ