First Aid at Work Requalification
This two day course updates the first aid skills for people who need to renew their statutory first aid at work certificate and whose existing certificate is still valid.
First aiders whose certificates have expired by more than one calender month must attend the Three day First Aid at Work course. Please note that you need to have completed this course within one calender month after expiry of your certificate are up.
The course aims to update and refresh your knowledge of the First Aid at Work syllabus while providing revision of practical skills.
Therefore On successful completion of the course students will be able to:
- Understand their continuing role as a first aider including the use of available equipment and the procedures for recording incidents and actions;
- Manage an emergency and act safely, promptly and effectively;
- Administer practical First Aid to casualties in a range of emergencies;
- Provide appropriate first aid for minor injuries;
- Recognize the presence of major illness and apply general first aid principle in its management
The course is two days in duration.
The main topics covered are:
- Unconscious casualty treatment
- Administering Cardiopulmonary resuscitation
- Dealing with serious bleeding, wounds, soft tissue injuries and shock
- Injuries to bones including serious spinal Injury
- Dealing with Choking casualties
- Burns and Scalds
- Carrying out a thorough injury / illness assessment
Students will be assessed on their practical skills and their theoretical knowledge of key subjects. Every delegate who passes the examination receives a First Aid at Work certificate and wallet card which is valid for three years.